Issue with installing Portal Integration

Mar 7, 2010 at 11:29 AM

Hi,

Ive followed step 2 & 3 of the installation guide & added new user with Sales Person role. No error messages. Then added Portal Config & Web literature to settings.

Problem is when i click on Portal Console I get error message

Error Description:
An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Error Details:
Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown.

Full Stack:
[WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 404: Not Found.]
   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
   at Microsoft.Crm.SdkTypeProxy.Metadata.MetadataService.Execute(MetadataServiceRequest Request)
   at Utils.GetEntityList(String orgName)
   at EntityList.RenderEntityList()
   at EntityList.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e)
   at System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

[HttpUnhandledException: Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown.]
   at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
   at ASP.isv_portal_entitylist_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
   at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
   at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

Other Message:
Error Number:
Source File:
Not available

Line Number:
Not available

Date: 03-07-2010

Time: 21:15:10

Server: bris-crm-01
Request URL:
http://bris-crm-01/ISV/Portal/EntityList.aspx?orgname=UtiliseIT&userlcid=1033&orglcid=1033
Mar 25, 2010 at 10:23 PM

I am having the same problem.  Has anyone come up with a solution?

Apr 12, 2010 at 7:26 PM

Had a chance to get back onto this today.  Accidentally I logged onto the server with the local administrative account rather than the domain administrative account.  I noticed that the icons for the Portal configuration and console were showing.  Of course I couldn't run either because the local account did not have permission, I assume: to logon to the database server, but, when logged onto the server as the Domain administrator, the icons do not appear for the console or the configurator.

This makes me feel like the error has something to do with Windows authentication.  In other words, CRM doesn't have permission to do something. Now, if I just knew what it was trying to do and which account it was making the attempt from.......

Apr 12, 2010 at 9:10 PM

Hmmm,

I’m just so frustrated with this issue.

What is your email address, I’d prefer talk to you over email instead of through codeplex.

Regards

Todd

Sent: Tuesday, 13 April 2010 4:27 AM
To: Todd Lane
Subject: Re: Issue with installing Portal Integration [crmaccelerators:204090]

Had a chance to get back onto this today. Accidentally I logged onto the server with the local administrative account rather than the domain administrative account. I noticed that the icons for the Portal configuration and console were showing. Of course I couldn't run either because the local account did not have permission, I assume: to logon to the database server, but, when logged onto the server as the Domain administrator, the icons do not appear for the console or the configurator.

This makes me feel like the error has something to do with Windows authentication. In other words, CRM doesn't have permission to do something. Now, if I just knew what it was trying to do and which account it was making the attempt from.......

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (crmaccelerators@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email crmaccelerators@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com