ASP.NET Web Administration [WSAT] problem managing eService Portal Security

Apr 5, 2010 at 6:40 PM
Edited Apr 5, 2010 at 6:43 PM

I'm having a very frustrating issue with setting up ASP.NET Web Administration for administrating user account for the eService Portal. I have this already set up on our production server, but when attempting to duplicate everything on the test server I am setting up I get the following error when navigating to the 'Security' tab. Has anyone run into this before?

Security tab of WSAT site:

There is a problem with your selected data store. This can be caused by an invalid server name or credentials, or by insufficient permission. It can also be caused by the role manager feature not being enabled. Click the button below to be redirected to a page where you can choose a new data store.

The following message may help in diagnosing the problem: c:\Inetpub\eservice\Global.asax(18): error CS0103: The name 'CrmServiceManager' does not exist in the current context

I then get this error in the logs:

Event Type:    Error
Event Source:    ASP.NET 2.0.50727.0
Event Category:    None
Event ID:    1334
Date:        4/2/2010
Time:        10:58:01 AM
User:        N/A
Computer:    CRMTESTSERVER
Description:
Failed to initialize the AppDomain:64679d2c

Exception: System.Web.HttpCompileException

Message: c:\Inetpub\eservice\Global.asax(18): error CS0103: The name 'CrmServiceManager' does not exist in the current context

StackTrace:    
   at System.Web.Compilation.AssemblyBuilder.Compile()
   at System.Web.Compilation.BuildProvidersCompiler.PerformBuild()
   at System.Web.Compilation.ApplicationBuildProvider.GetGlobalAsaxBuildResult(Boolean isPrecompiledApp)
   at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CompileGlobalAsax()
   at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.EnsureTopLevelFilesCompiled()
   at System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.Initialize(ApplicationManager appManager, IApplicationHost appHost, IConfigMapPathFactory configMapPathFactory, HostingEnvironmentParameters hostingParameters)
   at System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.Initialize(ApplicationManager appManager, IApplicationHost appHost, IConfigMapPathFactory configMapPathFactory, HostingEnvironmentParameters hostingParameters)
   at System.Web.Hosting.ApplicationManager.CreateAppDomainWithHostingEnvironment(String appId, IApplicationHost appHost, HostingEnvironmentParameters hostingParameters)
   at System.Web.Hosting.ApplicationManager.CreateAppDomainWithHostingEnvironmentAndReportErrors(String appId, IApplicationHost appHost, HostingEnvironmentParameters hostingParameters)

Thank you for any input you have.

wvcdhuser