CRM 4.0 Events Accellerator

Jun 4, 2010 at 5:02 PM
I have the software installed - I need some user documentation to give some help in understanding definitions/use of fields within screens Thanks in advance for any resources you may know of
Jun 17, 2010 at 1:45 PM

I would HIGHLY recommend that you check out the new Customer Portal accelerator.  It replaces the old events and eService accelerators and includes additional functionality.  It is build upon the new xRM CMS portal framework included in the latest CRM SDK (4.0.0012).  For the various fields used in the screens, the new accelerator uses CRM views, so it is very easy for non-technical people to configure.  http://customerportal.codeplex.com

Shan McArthur
www.shanmcarthur.net

Aug 10, 2010 at 4:29 PM

Hi Shan,

I already installed the Event Management accelerator before the Customer Portal accelerator had been released. I definately want to use the new Customer Portal accelerator now. Should I first uninstall Event Management? If yes, how?

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Ralf

Aug 11, 2010 at 1:26 AM

Hey Ralph,

The CRM customizations of the new customer portal are compatible with those of the previous accelerators, so I don't think you have to remove anything.  The website is using different code, so you will have to replace the website, but that again doesn't mean you have to 'uninstall' or remove the previous accelerators before using the new portals.

Shan