Which Accelerator?

Jul 14, 2010 at 8:32 PM

I have been looking at the eService Accelerator, the Customer Portal Accelerator, and the Portal Integration Accelerator. I need to evolve to an external portal but want to set it up and test it internally before offering it to the outside world. From watching the videos and reading the documentation, it seems that eService gives me more ability to evelove the portal and test before taking it to the outside world. However, without any dirct experience, I am not sure.

I have seen posts that indicate that the Customer Portal is the way to go because it is an improvement on eServices. It is not clear to me.

I am also looking for improvements in the Service entity. Cases out-of-the-box have severe limitations. All out-of-the-box Services need much customization. Which of these is best in this regard.

Confused and looking for answers

Jul 14, 2010 at 10:24 PM

The new customer service and prm accelerators replace the old PIA, eService, and events accelerators.  They also give you the best flexibility to evolve your portal to whatever you want it to be.  The old accelerators should be considered legacy.

Shan