Deploying to hosted website

Aug 6, 2010 at 2:22 PM

I am new to the accelerators and I have a couple of questions with the setup.  My client is using CRM 4.0 on Premise.  I am deploying e-service and event management.  I need to tie the accelerators into there existing website.  There website is hosted by another company.  They have given me a url to use for the website.  Do I need to deploy the IFD in order for the website to be able to connect into CRM?  Essentially I am looking for steps to deploy to a hosted website.  Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Aug 9, 2010 at 4:01 PM
Yes, you would need to deploy IFD on your CRM server so that your website can connect to it. Now that said, you mentioned that you are deployig e-service and event management. Did you know that those old accelerators have been replaced this spring with the new customer portal? The new customer portal runs has all the functionality of both of the previous portals, is based on the new xRM framework, and is using a CMS model. It is far superior to the old portals and has modern development capabilities. I would not recommend deploying the old portals. The new portals work with every authentication model of CRM and can also be hosted in Windows Azure. See http://customerportal.codeplex.com/ for more information. Adxstudio even has a commercial version of the new accelerators with additional functionality. Shan McArthur www.shanmcarthur.net
Aug 9, 2010 at 4:45 PM

I am using the new customer portal.  I am just deploying the e-service and event management pieces of the customer portal.  Is there a way to contact you to get some general setup questions answered?  You can contact me a jmontgomery@crestwood.com.  Thanks.