eService Accelerator Installation Errors

Jul 20, 2012 at 10:06 PM

Help. I am stuck, for now, and was hoping someone could help me with this issue.

Let me tell you what I have done:

• Moved installation to a virtual machine
  • Installed CRM 4.0 (90-day trial from 7/13) on SQL Server 2008
  • Input several instances of CRM Organization Name & CRM Server URL
  • Used values for the standard vpc imagefor Domain,User Name& Password
  • Modified my register.xmlto try to sync its values with the dialog box: Install eService Customizations

I keep getting stuck at step 2 of the installation. My eservice_install_log kicks out:

eservice_install_log

From that point, it won't let me get to step 3. I know others have had the same problem and I would appreciate any pointers. This accelerator could still help some of my customers if I could only get it installed.

Jul 20, 2012 at 10:19 PM

The eService accelerator was deprecated more than 2 years ago.  It was replaced with the Customer Portal accelerator (free) and the xRM Portal framework that is now in the CRM SDK.  The Customer Portal accelerator was also upgraded to CRM 2011 and available in the marketplace.  I would NOT recommend you use the old eService accelerator due to the legacy and inefficient code.  See http://customerportal.codeplex.com/ for the replacement, or the commercial version from Adxstudio.

Jul 20, 2012 at 10:21 PM

Thank you Shan.

Sent: Friday, July 20, 2012 2:20 PM
To: Eric Delacruz
Subject: Re: eService Accelerator Installation Errors [crmaccelerators:380216]

The eService accelerator was deprecated more than 2 years ago. It was replaced with the Customer Portal accelerator (free) and the xRM Portal framework that is now in the CRM SDK. The Customer Portal accelerator was also upgraded to CRM 2011 and available in the marketplace. I would NOT recommend you use the old eService accelerator due to the legacy and inefficient code. See http://customerportal.codeplex.com/ for the replacement, or the commercial version from Adxstudio.