Event Management - Functional

Coordinator
Nov 1, 2008 at 2:46 AM
Edited Nov 5, 2008 at 1:13 AM
This discussion is aimed at collecting feedback about the Event Management accelerator from a functional standpoint:
  • What features do you want to see included in future releases of the accelerator?
  • How can the documentation be improved?
  • Are there questions that you have about the functionality and limitations of the accelerator?
  • Do you have additional content you would like to contribute to the community that enriches the accelerator further?

Your feedback is very important so that the Event Management Accelerator can be constantly improved!

Nov 8, 2008 at 4:43 PM
Absolutely awesome Reuben thanks. Spent Saturday pm setting this up instead of watching the football  - got it all working in VPC no problems - got 3 customers lined up waiting to see it already

These Solution Accelerators are going to be fantastic for the Partner Community

thanks

Roger
Nov 10, 2008 at 1:38 PM
Documentation for event management accelerator is not enough. There are 2 documents and both of them are technical. There should be a document which explains functionality of the accelerator with examples.
Coordinator
Nov 11, 2008 at 7:05 PM
Hi there,

Thanks for the feedback! Specifically, on the Event Management accelerator we will be releasing a functional datasheet as well as a number of videos covering the scenarios covered by the accelerator and how to install it on the standard virtual pc image. I hope this helps with your evaluations!
We are adding new content all the time so check back often.

Kind regards,
Reuben
Dec 10, 2008 at 4:22 PM
Functionality we get asked for a lot that relates to this area is Session Booking - so not only can people book for an event but you need to be able to book who is attending which key-notes or breakout sessions. In an ideal world you need to be able to do this through the on-line booking portal and be able to add session attendees manually.

Similar kind of thing with booking delegates accomodation, it would be very cool to be block-book accomodation at various venues associated with an event and then allow delegates to select their own accomodation from what's available & automatically decrement remaining rooms.

Anyone done any work on extending the existing Event Accelerator to cover thiese types of requirement?

Roger
Dec 18, 2008 at 2:39 PM
We've shown the Event Management accelerator to a couple of prospects and they are excited about what they've seen.  They've asked a few functionality questions that we are unable to answer.

1.  Does the web portal allow you to register more than just yourself?
2.  Is there a way to collect registration fees for the event from the portal?
3.  Can fees for the event be tiered (i.e. $500 for the first 30 registrants, then price rises to $600 for 31+ registrants)?
4.  Are registrants able to change their registration from the portal to select a different event?

Thanks for a great start!

Rae Thousand
SVA Consulting
Jan 12, 2009 at 6:31 PM

I might be missing something simple but here goes.......

For the Event Mgt solution I believe its important to have a simple way to see who attended which events - as things stand however there is no way to look at a Contact Record and see which events that contact attended - which is a drag sicne you often want to market new events to contacts based on their attendance at prior events.

Also there is a real need to be able to mail-merge to send (for example) printed joining instructions etc. You can mail-merge from Contacts but not from Campaign Responses so right now I cant see how to do a mail-merge for registrants to an event.

Appreciate any pointers if I have missed something

thanks

Roger

Jan 15, 2009 at 7:56 PM
Its not the simplext thing but did find a way to use Advanced Find to locate contacts who register at an event - so then of course you do a Word Mail Merge.

Basically yo do an Advanced Find on Contacts and look for:

Activity Parties (Party)
    Activity (Campaign Response)
        Response Code Equals Registered
        Parent Campaign(Campaign)
            Campaign Equals "your event name"

Drop me an email if anyone wants a screen print of it.

Cheers

Roger
Jan 19, 2009 at 3:23 PM
Other events management solutions provide the ability to register for events and to pay with a credit card.  It will be important to add credit card processing functionality to be competitive with solutions that have been around for quite some time.  Please add this as a "sooner" rather than "later" enhancement request.