Event Management - Technical

Coordinator
Nov 1, 2008 at 2:49 AM
Edited Nov 5, 2008 at 1:11 AM
This discussion is aimed at collecting feedback about the Event Management Accelerator from a technical standpoint:
  • Are there areas of the accelerator that you are having problems understanding or deploying?
  • Technically, what enhancements would you like to see included in future releases of the accelerator?
  • How can the documentation be improved?
  • Share your tips and tricks on deploying and using the Event Management Accelerator!
  • Do you have additional content you would like to contribute to the community that enriches the accelerator further?

Your feedback is very important so that the Event Management Accelerator can be constantly improved!

Nov 7, 2008 at 10:04 PM
Its good to see that the new CRM Accelerators are now under way :)

I've just installed this and the install process has gone very smoothly. I'm just having problems now displaying the information in the events section on the Sample Portal though. The page loads fine, but no new events appear even though I've added them in the campaign section. In the guidance notes there is reference to a "Publish Flag" but I can't find this anywhere. I'm also struggling a bit with the SQL Server connection string for the web.config file.

Looks like a great start though!!! :)
Nov 9, 2008 at 12:53 AM
Edited Nov 9, 2008 at 1:19 PM
I've implemented the ASP.NET controls in a new web site based on the supplied Small Business web template. When I try to access the events, the code throws an exception attempting to retrieve items from the cache, for example in EventListing.ascx.cs:

//set some default values for the event status codes

int intOpenStatusCode = 2; 
int intWaitlistStatusCode = 200000; 
int intSoldOutStatusCode = 200001; 
//now, let's try and get the default codes from the cache 
intOpenStatusCode = int.Parse(Cache["msa.EventManagement.OpenStatusCode"].ToString());    <----- Exception is generated here. 
intWaitlistStatusCode =
int.Parse(Cache["msa.EventManagement.WaitlistStatusCode"].ToString()); 
intSoldOutStatusCode =
int.Parse(Cache["msa.EventManagement.SoldOutStatusCode"].ToString());

I wrapped the cache retrieval in a Try/Catch block and then it works fine as the default values get used when there is nothing in the cache:

try 

{
    intOpenStatusCode =
int.Parse(Cache["msa.EventManagement.OpenStatusCode"].ToString()); 
    intWaitlistStatusCode =
    intSoldOutStatusCode =
    }
catch (Exception ex) 
    {
    }

It is one thing that the code does not handle these error conditions, but I can't figure out where this data is supposed to be added to the cache. I cannot find any references to Cache.Add within the code. My understanding of ASP.NET is a little weak. Is this something that happens automagically or is there some code missing?

--Tim Long

Nov 10, 2008 at 3:20 PM
There is an error in the Event Management Process workflow.
In Stage 2: INVITATIONS AND REGISTRATION MANAGEMENT/Target audience segmentation, it gives a warning message: This workflow includes an invalide reference.
When I click "Set Properties" button, I'm getting the following error: Record is unavailable.The requested record was not found or you do not have sufficient permission to view it.
I'm working on MicrosoftCRM virtual pc, and I log in as administrator.

Nov 17, 2008 at 1:27 PM
I'm facing the same problem.
Did you find any solution?

Thanks in advance,

Ezequiel Santana
Nov 17, 2008 at 1:34 PM
Edited Nov 17, 2008 at 1:38 PM
Hi,

Copy the code block available in the Global.asax file from the Sample Portal.

Remember that the Application_Start event runs once when you run the ASP.net development server. So, if an error occurs in the application start event, you have to stop the ASP.net development server process and run it again.

I hope it helps, I had the same problem.

Ezequiel Santana

------------------------------------------------------

I've implemented the ASP.NET controls in a new web site based on the supplied Small Business web template. When I try to access the events, the code throws an exception attempting to retrieve items from the cache, for example in EventListing.ascx.cs:

intOpenStatusCode = int.Parse(Cache["msa.EventManagement.OpenStatusCode"].ToString());    <----- Exception is generated here. 
intWaitlistStatusCode =
intSoldOutStatusCode =

I wrapped the cache retrieval in a Try/Catch block and then it works fine as the default values get used when there is nothing in the cache:

try 

{
    intOpenStatusCode =
    intWaitlistStatusCode =
    intSoldOutStatusCode =
    }
catch (Exception ex) 
    {
    }

It is one thing that the code does not handle these error conditions, but I can't figure out where this data is supposed to be added to the cache. I cannot find any references to Cache.Add within the code. My understanding of ASP.NET is a little weak. Is this something that happens automagically or is there some code missing?

--Tim Long

Nov 18, 2008 at 8:55 AM
I am also having problem with the workflow. There is a problem with marketing List entity, which cannot be accessed.
Nov 19, 2008 at 10:09 AM
Try to "Set Properties" on the creating "Marketing List" again, at the same time take a look at your event log - If there is an Error/Warning with message;

Exception type: CrmObjectNotFoundException 
Exception message: transactioncurrency With Id = f0f02610-add9-dc11-ad27-0003ffcb635d Does Not Exist 

This is because, transactioncurrencyid are not unique for the same currency from one CRM deployment to another. Reuben's workflow has obviously referred to a currency by its transactioncurrencyid that only exists on their deployment. So the fix is simple, change one of your existing transactioncurrencyid to it that the workflow expects *f0f02610-add9-dc11-ad27-0003ffcb635d*. If there is foreign key constraints in place then just add a new currency so it's not used anywhere -> no foreign key constraints).

crack open MicrosoftCRM_MSCRM db and exec:

UPDATE [MicrosoftCRM_MSCRM].[dbo].[TransactionCurrencyBase]
SET [TransactionCurrencyId] = 'f0f02610-add9-dc11-ad27-0003ffcb635d'
WHERE [TransactionCurrencyId] = 'one of your existing transaction currency id'
Nov 20, 2008 at 9:50 AM
Thanks a lot. This works. I did it on the demo image, removed the currency specification from the workflow and then imported into the real environment. Then I set the currency manually.

Nov 26, 2008 at 1:05 PM
if your getting the error surrounding 

{
    intOpenStatusCode =
    intWaitlistStatusCode =
    intSoldOutStatusCode =
    }

then its likely to be that you havent created a event management configuration setting .....

Once you done that do a IIRESET just to make sure it has cleared the cache,
Nov 26, 2008 at 1:07 PM
Any one getting issue with the date when you submit a campaign requset (date is the wrong format) - its the current date, anyone know where that code is stored, i believe it may be something to do with the regional setting !
Nov 26, 2008 at 4:10 PM
Edited Nov 28, 2008 at 2:58 PM
I'm seeing the date format execption...

[Exception:
  0x80040239
  The date-time format for 26/11/2008 00:00:00 is invalid, or value is outside the supported range.
  Platform
]
   Registration_EventRegistration.RegisterUserInfo() +940
   Registration_EventRegistration.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +38
   System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +15
   System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +33
   System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +47
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +131
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1436

I'm using the sample portal.
I believe the code that causes it is this, found in the CreateCampaignResponse method with CampaignResponseLogic.cs

response.receivedon = new CrmDateTime();
response.receivedon.Value = DateTime.Now.Date.ToString();

replacing with this seems to fix it:

response.receivedon = new CrmDateTime();
response.receivedon.Value = DateTime.Now.ToString("s");

hope this helps,
Tony
Dec 2, 2008 at 11:38 AM
Hi Tony

Just to say that worked an absolute treat.... saved me a huge headache!

thanks

Allan

http://allanvirtualitbiz.blogspot.com/
Jan 19, 2009 at 9:10 AM

Unable to read existing Custom Attribute
-----------------------------------------
Hi All,

For the Event Mgt Solution i've been looking at modifying the existing code to add existing attributes and then also new attributes.
When adding msa_eventcapacity i'm able to view data from this field however when including msa_registrationcount, the page errors with
"Compiler Error Message: CS0117: 'CrmSdk.campaign' does not contain a definition for 'msa_registrationcount'"

- i have included the fields within "CampaignLogic.RetrievePublishedCampaigns"

Does anyone have any suggestions regarding this?
Ian

n.b. if i include a field that doesn't exist within the entity then i get "'Campaign' entity doesn't contain attribute with Name", which is understandable. However this attribute doe exist.
Jan 23, 2009 at 3:00 PM
Installing Event Management and getting errors when trying to open it:

Event code: 3005
Event message: An unhandled exception has occurred.
Event time: 1/23/2009 9:47:55 AM
Event time (UTC): 1/23/2009 2:47:55 PM
Event ID: e2ec2fd52f564acc92111bab45435049
Event sequence: 11579
Event occurrence: 7
Event detail code: 0

Application information:
    Application domain: /LM/W3SVC/1/ROOT-1-128771217295424347
    Trust level: Full
    Application Virtual Path: /
    Application Path: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\
    Machine name: CRM-GVL

Process information:
    Process ID: 3620
    Process name: w3wp.exe
    Account name: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE

Exception information:
    Exception type: InvalidOperationException
    Exception message: There should be exactly one form in production for 10009

Request information:
    Request URL: http://crm-gvl/CPSS/_Common/icon.aspx?objectTypeCode=10009&iconType=NavigationIcon&inProduction=1&cache=1
    Request path: /CPSS/_Common/icon.aspx
    User host address: 10.1.0.28
    User: COMPUTER-PLUS\Administrator
    Is authenticated: True
    Authentication Type: Negotiate
    Thread account name: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE

Thread information:
    Thread ID: 7
    Is impersonating: False
    Stack trace:    at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Platform.Customization.RetrieveInProductionOrganizationUIByOrgId(Guid organizationId, Int32 objectTypeCode)
   at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Pages.Common.Icon.GetIconBits(Int32 objectTypeCode, IconType iconType, Boolean inProduction)
   at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Pages.Common.Icon.ConfigurePage()
   at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Controls.AppUIPage.OnPreRender(EventArgs e)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Any help is appreciated.
Feb 2, 2009 at 6:01 PM
I am unable to get the event management configuration link to show up on the settings page.  I'm running windows 2008 x64, SQL 2008, and CRM rollup 2.  I go into the Event Management Configuration and check off the Settings to show it but it just doesn't show up.  I've also noticed if I try adding it to other places, such as resources, I see a list of Event management links on the left but they're all missing the icons.  This is a fresh install of MS CRM, SQL, etc.

I also received an error when installing the customization about missing language codes.  What to do now?  Is the langauge code feature tied to the issues I am having above?

Thanks!
Feb 3, 2009 at 1:04 PM
I've searched high and low for the LabelText.resx  file and can't find it anywhere.

Can someone help a brother out and send me a download link?
Feb 13, 2009 at 4:29 PM
I installed the Event Management Accelerator and it almost works: When I try to update a campaign response however, I get an error: "The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized." I really followed all setup intructions.

The same happens when I use the portal and try to enroll a new person to an event. The lead gets created though.

--> So it seems that the msa_EventRegistration.dll is not accessible: The application logic does work nowhere: the field of a Campaign containing the Registration Count does never contain a value.

Does somebody have any ideas? I certainly ran the msa_eventmanagement.install.exe and adapted the register.xml file in order to get this .dll registered...

thanks!!
Feb 13, 2009 at 5:09 PM
:) hours later:

that's the solution: http://social.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/crmdevelopment/thread/950e58a4-0741-4888-9435-bc2966fd8315/

Just don't use a space in the friendly name of your instance: instead of "Event Management" use "EventManagement".

At least it worked for me ;)

Olaf
Feb 20, 2009 at 4:14 PM
Edited Feb 20, 2009 at 5:40 PM
HI,

Did any one find a fix for the following error?
Line 35: int intSoldOutStatusCode = 200001;
Line 36: //now, let's try and get the default codes from the cache
Line 37: intOpenStatusCode = int.Parse(Cache["msa.EventManagement.OpenStatusCode"].ToString());
Line 38: intWaitlistStatusCode = int.Parse(Cache["msa.EventManagement.WaitlistStatusCode"].ToString()); Line 39: intSoldOutStatusCode = int.Parse(Cache["msa.EventManagement.SoldOutStatusCode"].ToString());
Source File: c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Controls\EventListing.ascx.cs    Line: 37

Feb 23, 2009 at 10:05 AM

Hi,

I deployed the accelerator and the sample portal.

When i enter the registration info for the user, i get the following error:

Server Error in '/' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0x80040265
 The request failed with HTTP status 404: Not Found.
 Platform

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Exception:
 0x80040265
 Platform

Source Error:

Line 302:  catch (SoapException ex)
Line 303:  {
Line 304:   throw new Exception(ex.Detail.InnerText);
Line 305:  }  
Line 306: }

Source File: c:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM Customer Portal\Controls\EventRegistration.ascx.cs    Line: 304

Stack Trace:

[Exception:
  0x80040265
  Platform
]
   Registration_EventRegistration.RegisterUserInfo() in c:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM Customer Portal\Controls\EventRegistration.ascx.cs:304
   Registration_EventRegistration.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM Customer Portal\Controls\EventRegistration.ascx.cs:43
   System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +15
   System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +34
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1061

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.42

Is there anything wrong with the user controls?
How can i solve this error.
Thanks in advance

Feb 27, 2009 at 4:41 PM

Hi

I have spent a fun afternoon setting up the Events Management Accelerator on my CRM test server and managed to get everything configured on the CRM side of things, thanks to several of the posts in this thread.  I am now trying to set up the Sample Portal but am struggling with the connection settings in web.config.  Can anyone give me some clues about the connection settings I need to specify in this file - maybe with a couple of examples? 

regards

Adrian

Mar 3, 2009 at 3:02 PM

HI,

Did any one find a fix for the following error?

Line 37: intOpenStatusCode = int.Parse(Cache["msa.EventManagement.OpenStatusCode"].ToString());
Line 38: intWaitlistStatusCode = int.Parse(Cache["msa.EventManagement.WaitlistStatusCode"].ToString()); Line 39: intSoldOutStatusCode = int.Parse(Cache["msa.EventManagement.SoldOutStatusCode"].ToString());

thanks

Allan

Mar 9, 2009 at 5:47 PM
Has anyone seen this error before.  It happens after I click the button to submit my registration info for an event.

0x80040265
 The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send.
 Platform

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Exception:
 0x80040265
 Platform

Source Error:

Line 302:		catch (SoapException ex)
Line 303:		{
Line 304: throw new Exception(ex.Detail.InnerText);Line 305:		}		
Line 306:	}

Source File: c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Events\Controls\EventRegistration.ascx.cs    Line: 304

Stack Trace:

[Exception: 
  0x80040265
  Platform
]
   Registration_EventRegistration.RegisterUserInfo() in c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Events\Controls\EventRegistration.ascx.cs:304
   Registration_EventRegistration.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Events\Controls\EventRegistration.ascx.cs:43
   System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +33
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1436

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.1433; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.1433
Mar 10, 2009 at 4:59 PM
So like usual I figured out the problem above with a little help from Google and Sonoma Partners.  I forgot to change the LocalSdkPort from 80 to 443 after making my CRM implementation require SSL.

http://blog.sonomapartners.com/2009/02/ifd-and-require-ssl-checkbox.html
Mar 10, 2009 at 8:31 PM
I think this may be a problem with 64 bit OS, we have successfully installed the event management accelerator in a number of 32 bit environments but as soon as we try and install it on a 64bit OS we experience all manner of errors. So the question is has anyone managed to install the event management accelerator in a 64 bit environment?  and if not then I guess we just wait for MS to produce a compatible release.
Mar 13, 2009 at 12:38 PM
The attendee post event workflow returned an error  "invalid Parent"

Did any one face the same error.Did anyone fix the same?

Mar 13, 2009 at 8:34 PM
Also having trouble with 64bit.
For SarahMC, I read somewhere that you need the 64bit SDK dll's in the bin directory of the accelerator's folder.
But, that's not helping my issue.
My attempt to install the Events Manager fails on Step1, msa_eventmanagement.install.exe
"Application has generated an exception that could not be handled
ProcessID =0x3b0, ThreadID=0xf84"

Does anyone have any ideas?

TIA

May 19, 2009 at 7:11 PM

I've recently installed the eService AND Event Management accelerators. I installed eService first, and during the Event Management install I saw they both use an identically named directory to store the website files. I don't fully understand what I'm doing here (will hopefully figure it all out over time), but to ensure I didn't break anything I created a new directory for Event Management and named it "Microsoft Dynamics CRM Customer Portal Event Management". I copied the sample portal files from the Event Management install into that folder, and also copied in the eService directory from the original "Microsoft Dynamics CRM Customer Portal" folder. Finally, I pointed the CRM Customer Portal website to the new folder.

I think Event Management is almost working, but it can't quite seal the deal. I can browse to the sample site - http://SERVERNAME:4444/Default.aspx . Once on the Fabrikam site, I can use the 'Events' link and see the event I set up as described in the installation video. I can get to the registration details page after clicking the 'Register Now' button.

BUT,  when I try to submit the registration there are a series of errors in Event Viewer, and the webpage returns an 'Application Error' page. I see no details on the page, even with Dev Erros enabled in CRM.

Event Viewer errors:

FIRST:

======================================================

Event Type: Error
Event Source: MSCRMWebService
Event Category: None
Event ID: 18176
Date: 5/19/2009
Time: 1:39:06 PM
User: N/A
Computer: CRM4TESTSVR
Description:
Web Service Plug-in failed in OrganizationId: 6455791f-c761-4072-9e0c-3b0717299bb9; SdkMessageProcessingStepId: 6b624cc4-7241-de11-b9e5-000d56a0ee3a; EntityName: campaignresponse; Stage: 50; MessageName: Create; AssemblyName: Microsoft.Crm.Accelerator.EventManagement.CampaignResponseCreateHandler, MSA_EventRegistration, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=en-US, PublicKeyToken=4a8fdbc2e92051ff; ClassName: Microsoft.Crm.Accelerator.EventManagement.CampaignResponseCreateHandler; Exception: Unhandled Exception: System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized.
  at Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility.SdkTypeProxyCrmServiceWrapper.InternalInvoke(MethodInfo methodInfo, Object[] parameters)
  at Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility.SdkTypeProxyCrmServiceWrapper.Execute(Object request)
  at Microsoft.Crm.Accelerator.EventManagement.CampaignResponseCreateHandler.Execute(IPluginExecutionContext context)
  at Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility.PluginStep.Execute(PipelineExecutionContext context)

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

THEN:

Event code: 3005
Event message: An unhandled exception has occurred.
Event time: 5/19/2009 1:39:06 PM
Event time (UTC): 5/19/2009 5:39:06 PM
Event ID: 2f60f03d84ae4a02be0877d0f803c5b9
Event sequence: 8
Event occurrence: 1
Event detail code: 0

Application information:
  Application domain: /LM/W3SVC/1687410682/Root-1-128872282616543365
  Trust level: Full
  Application Virtual Path: /
  Application Path: D:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM Customer Portal Event Management\
  Machine name: CRM4TESTSVR

Process information:
  Process ID: 3792
  Process name: w3wp.exe
  Account name: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE

Exception information:
  Exception type: Exception
  Exception message:
  0x80040265
  The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized.
  Platform

Request information:
  Request URL: http://crm4testsvr.mds_tech.issgroup.net:4444/EventManagement/EventRegistration.aspx?id=f301b6ab-8741-de11-b9e5-000d56a0ee3a
  Request path: /EventManagement/EventRegistration.aspx
  User host address: 206.233.8.44
  User:  
  Is authenticated: False
  Authentication Type:  

Thread information:
  Thread ID: 1
  Is impersonating: False
  Stack trace: at Registration_EventRegistration.RegisterUserInfo()
  at Registration_EventRegistration.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
  at System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e)
  at System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e)
  at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
  at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
  at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Custom event details:

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

The registration never goes through, as could be guessed looking at the error. Is there something obvious here causing these errors?

Thanks,

Steve

Jun 2, 2009 at 10:11 AM

Hi

loving the functionality of this accelerator

Managed to set it up and get everything working - i.e registration from web portal creates lead and then sends the appropriate emails.  I just have one issue

The registration count box does not seem to update.  Sure I'm missing something obvious but can't see the woods for the trees

Cheers

Ed

Jul 24, 2009 at 12:41 AM

Solution..... I got everything working on a 64bit OS running 2K3.

The issue: "see a list of Event management links on the left but they're all missing the icons." Make sure you publish those entities!!!!!

The issue: "fails when i nstalling plugin" Go into the CRM deployment Manager and make sure your a Deployment Administrator.

The issue: "after installing custom entities you get an error about Missing Language codes". This isn't an issue unless you need those languages installed. I was able to ignore the message without an issue. The language codes and text are included in the xml for other languages and it will complain if those languages packs are not installed and setup. I got the message but it didn't cause any problems.

The installation video walks through every issue I ran into. If you follow it, you shouldn't have any problems.

Aug 6, 2009 at 7:54 AM

I too am experiencing this error:

Line 38: intWaitlistStatusCode = int.Parse(Cache["msa.EventManagement.WaitlistStatusCode"].ToString());
Line 39: intSoldOutStatusCode = int.Parse(Cache["msa.EventManagement.SoldOutStatusCode"].ToString());

Does anyone have a solution?  I've now logged a case with MS Professional Support so will see how that goes.

Aug 7, 2009 at 1:23 AM

MS Professional Support have advised this product is 'unsupported'. How helpful.

I have logged this in issue tracker.

Oct 13, 2009 at 4:22 PM

I deployed event management in production and when I go through the registration I get this error. Now I have the identical setup in DEV with the same customization and it works fine when I switch the reg page back to DEV.

Nullable object must have a value.

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: Nullable object must have a value.

Source Error:

Line 274:        Try

Line 275:            'creates the campaign response in MSCRM

Line 276:            CampaignResponseLogic.CreateCampaignResponse(_id, Me.firstname.Value, Me.lastName.Value, middlename.Value, RetrieveIntFromSelect(prefix), RetrieveIntFromSelect(suffix), _

Line 277:            emailaddress.Value, companyname.Value, jobtitle.Value, street1.Value, street2.Value, street3.Value, _

Line 278:            city.Value, stateorprovince.Value, postalcode.Value, country.Value, phonenumber.Value, RetrieveIntFromSelect(primaryrole), _

Oct 21, 2009 at 4:04 PM

Hi. I am having a list of problems getting the Event Manager installed.

1) I seem to have to adjust paths on files being called (even things like images) from "~/images/filename" to "images/filename" . I am having to do the same thing for the location of the ascx files in the controls folder.

2) Following the above convention, I could get everything to display but the controls themselves would not show up as if they were not even being seen. I adjusted the path to them on the aspx pages as follows:

I started with "<%@ Register TagPrefix="em" Src="~/Controls/EventListing.ascx" TagName="EventListing" %>" which is what is in the sample files to "<%@ Register TagPrefix="em" Src="Controls/EventListing.ascx" TagName="EventListing" %>". Once I made this change, I can no longer build the site.

It seems the main error is 'ASP.eventlisting_aspx' does not contain a definition for 'eventListing_Load'.

I also get this:

Warning 3 The type 'Registration_EventRegistration' in 'c:\Users\mydirectory\AppData\Local\Temp\Temporary ASP.NET Files\eventmanagement\b1693288\96f2140e\App_Web_kw8_cwyu.18.cs' conflicts with the imported type 'Registration_EventRegistration' in 'c:\Users\myDirectory\AppData\Local\Temp\Temporary ASP.NET Files\eventmanagement\b1693288\96f2140e\App_Web_njsn4axz.dll'. Using the one in 'c:\Users\myDirectory\AppData\Local\Temp\Temporary ASP.NET Files\eventmanagement\b1693288\96f2140e\App_Web_kw8_cwyu.18.cs'. c:\Users\myDirectory\AppData\Local\Temp\Temporary ASP.NET Files\eventmanagement\b1693288\96f2140e\App_Web_kw8_cwyu.18.cs 135 

and this:

Warning 2 The type 'Registration_EventListing' in 'c:\Users\jtoel.ROSEBUD\AppData\Local\Temp\Temporary ASP.NET Files\eventmanagement\b1693288\96f2140e\App_Web_kw8_cwyu.6.cs' conflicts with the imported type 'Registration_EventListing' in 'c:\Users\myDirectory\AppData\Local\Temp\Temporary ASP.NET Files\eventmanagement\b1693288\96f2140e\App_Web_njsn4axz.dll'. Using the one in 'c:\Users\myDirectory\AppData\Local\Temp\Temporary ASP.NET Files\eventmanagement\b1693288\96f2140e\App_Web_kw8_cwyu.6.cs'. c:\Users\myDirectory\AppData\Local\Temp\Temporary ASP.NET Files\eventmanagement\b1693288\96f2140e\App_Web_kw8_cwyu.6.cs 135 

ADDITIONALLY, we have followed the instructions in the video and in the documentation (what little there is) to the letter and when I look in Marketing->campain and select "new" the Event tab is not there. ALl of the other customizations have appeared in the correct places.

I have been working on this for 3 days now. I have tried to deploy this to a new IIS website where I built the aspx pages to host the controls, I have placed it in the sample Fabrikam site using my pages, I have placed it in the sample Fabrikam site using the sample pages provided and I arrive at the same point with the same problems each time. Has anyone else had these kinds of problems and found a solution? If so, what did you do?

Oct 21, 2009 at 5:16 PM

OK, I am trying one more time, this time I am just trying to use the already configured sample portal. I created a directory and copied the files into it. I edited the web.comfig file with the appropriate information. IIS configuraqtion is a little trickier. I have IIS 7 on this machine and the instructions involve IIS 6. Anyone have any idea how to configure 7? I keep getting 

HTTP Error 500.21 - Internal Server Error

Handler "ASP" has a bad module "ManagedPipelineHandler" in its module list

Not sure how to fix this. I am trying to dig through IIS documentation but I was hoping someone here may know also.

Oct 21, 2009 at 11:12 PM

OK. Down to one last problem.

First: my post immediately above this one was solved by installing the ASP components for my machine in add/remove windows components under the IIS component.

Second: The problems in my original post were so convoluted I started all over and that seems to have served me well. Sorry I can't share a more precise solution.

LAST PROBLEM: I have the Event Manager Portal working great in IIS on my local computer while keeping it open for edit in VS2005. When I deploy it however and move it to the server where it will reside, once I set it up and set up the IIS site for it, I get the following error:

Parser Error

Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: The base class includes the field 'eventListing', but its type (Registration_EventListing) is not compatible with the type of control (ASP.controls_eventlisting_ascx).

Source Error:

Line 4:  
Line 5:  <asp:Content ID='Content1' ContentPlaceHolderID="ContentPlaceHolder1" runat="server" >
Line 6:  	<em:EventListing  RegistrationPageUrl='/EventRegistration.aspx'  ID='eventListing'  runat="server"/>
Line 7:  </asp:Content>

Source File: /eventlisting.aspx    Line: 6

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3074; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3074

Any Ideas? I have seen the KB article about circular references, I can't seem to find one. Also, the suggestion to keep the batch property in the compilation field of web.config does not seem to work. VS2005 chokes if I put a compilation tag in it and I am not sure why. It says it is an unknown tag.

Here is the article I am refering to: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/919284

Any ideas?

Nov 17, 2009 at 9:26 AM

I was trying to run msa_event_management_installer.exe but I ran into errors:

...Soap Error DeleteDuplicateAssemblies. Message: Server was unable to process request.
  0x80044150
  Generic SQL error.
  Platform
. Stack Trace:    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
   at Microsoft.Crm.SdkTypeProxy.CrmService.Execute(Request Request)
   at msa_event_management_installer.Main.DeleteDuplicateAssemblies(String assemblyName, CrmService _crmService, Log log).
11/16/2009 11:34:40 AM ...Soap Error while importing custom assemblies: RegisterXml Path C:\Users\Administrator.CCHL\Desktop\EventManagement_RTW_R1.1\Installation\Step 1 - CRM Customizations\register.xml. Message: Server was unable to process request.
  0x80040237
  Cannot insert duplicate key.
  Platform
. Stack Trace:    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
   at Microsoft.Crm.SdkTypeProxy.CrmService.Execute(Request Request)
   at msa_event_management_installer.Main.ImportPluginAssemblies(String registerXmlPath, CrmService _crmService, Log log).

The above trace is copied from event_management_install_log.txt.  Any ideas?

Apr 12, 2010 at 4:07 PM

I am getting the following error message after I click the register button.

[Exception:
  0x80040265
  Platform
]
   Registration_EventRegistration.RegisterUserInfo() +1943
   Registration_EventRegistration.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +54
   System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +25
   System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +42
   System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +132
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +66
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +191
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2428

It enters the response in CRM then seems to fail. What I am not seeing is any type of lead entered.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.