Extended Sales Forecasting - Technical

Coordinator
Nov 1, 2008 at 3:08 AM
This discussion is aimed at collecting feedback about the Extended Sales Forecasting Accelerator for Microsoft Dynamics CRM from a technical standpoint:
  • Are there areas of the accelerator that you are having problems understanding or deploying?
  • Technically, what enhancements would you like to see included in future releases of the accelerator?
  • How can the documentation be improved?
  • Share your tips and tricks on deploying and using this accelerator!
  • Do you have additional content you would like to contribute to the community that enriches the accelerator further?
  • Any and all feedback is gratefully received!
Nov 13, 2008 at 9:24 AM
Hi

I have a technical issue with the Extended Sales Forecasting Accelerator.  Perhaps I reported in the wrong place but please take a look at my coments in the Issue Traket section headed :-

Cannot publish Some Workflows in Extended Sales Forcasting Accelerator

It is regarding errors related to the Goal Audit Workflow when importing the customizations,  The workflow does import but cannot be published because of errors in it.  I attached  a screen shot.

Please guide me towards a fix as I have a customer that would like to roll this out.

Thanks

sburgess7766
Coordinator
Nov 14, 2008 at 12:12 PM
Edited Nov 14, 2008 at 12:13 PM
There is an installation video which was posted today. Please review this to see if it fixes your problem. Additionally, I will update the documentation to reflect what the workflows look like when they are published so you can re-create the workflow rule yourself if you want to.

Thanks!
Nov 14, 2008 at 1:30 PM
The videos are great and in the Installation video you showed that I had the same Currency issues as your Spanish VPC.  We are using GBP.  However when I attempt to click on the Set Properties button to change the currency on the Goal Audit Log workflow I get an error :-  Record is Unavailable - The requested record was not found or you do not have sufficient permissions to view it.   I have System Adminstrator Roles.  I have assigned to CRMAdmin and then back to me but the error persists.  Please document the workflow contents as you have kindly offered and will create the offending workflow manually.   Thanks  Stuart
Nov 14, 2008 at 5:09 PM
The last (3rd) video on manually creating the Goal Audit Log workflow worked a treat - all installed and running - Great Stuff!
Dec 15, 2008 at 3:42 AM
Hi,
Can you explain the Goal Audit entity in the accelerator.
I notice that an audit record is created oncreate/update of a Goal record.
However, I need to understand if the audit entity is being used for reporting or to attain any other specific functionality in the accelerator.
Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Shubhi
Mar 27, 2009 at 4:18 PM
Hey Reuben...

A few questions about the emails & calendar interaction going back and forth between CRM and Outlook when I assign sub-goals to team members...

When I get the email from CRM alerting me that I have a new task, it has the following line:

"The sign-off process is very simple! You have been assigned a task, if you are ready to sign off on the sales goal then save this task as Complete. If you have concerns then please save the task as Canceled."

How do I save a task as "Canceled"?  Also, there is some ambiguity as to whether I should do this saving in the "Outlook Task" or the "CRM Task" when everything is synching up.  Does it matter?
What happens if the goal is deleted without having been either accepted or declined?  Do I get notified about that at all?

These accelerators are great - keep 'em coming!

Thanks -

Rusty Cisney
Sep 15, 2009 at 9:57 AM

Hey Rueben,

I've uploaded all the components of the accelerator.

I can setup goals, assign opportunities to goals, etc.

When I go to run either the graph or matrix report I get an error as if SRS cannot generate this report.

All other CRM reports are working.

Any thoughts.

Thanks!

Jan 14, 2010 at 9:04 PM
kb5ykg wrote:

Hey Rueben,

I've uploaded all the components of the accelerator.

I can setup goals, assign opportunities to goals, etc.

When I go to run either the graph or matrix report I get an error as if SRS cannot generate this report.

All other CRM reports are working.

Any thoughts.

Thanks!

Do you have answer for this?  We have the same issue

Jan 28, 2010 at 5:30 AM

Hi Rueben,

we have installed the goals accelerator onto a clients CRM, and they are trying to find a way to create goals on a monthly basis and associate them to a parent goal over a quarterly period. Is there a way to do that, because I have found that you can only create goals with a common time period?

Aug 21, 2010 at 11:27 AM

Hi there,

I already installed the Extended Sales Forecasting Accelerator but the Goal form doesn;t appear in the sales module as showed in the video.

please can you assist.