CRM Notifications - Functional

Coordinator
Nov 1, 2008 at 3:12 AM
This discussion is aimed at collecting feedback about the CRM Notifications accelerator from a functional standpoint:
  • What features do you want to see included in future releases of the accelerator?
  • How can the documentation be improved?
  • Are there questions that you have about the functionality and limitations of the accelerator?
  • Do you have additional content you would like to contribute to the community that enriches the accelerator further?

Your feedback is very important so that the CRM Notifications Accelerator can be constantly improved!

Nov 7, 2008 at 8:12 PM
I have not been able to get this accelerator to work over IFD, is there a special setting I need to make to do so?  when the user selects the RSS option they receive a page not found error in IE.

Thanks,

Dustin Miller
Nov 10, 2008 at 10:26 AM
I have also had this issue, and as yet have not been able to resolve. I believe it is to do with the Discovery Service over IFD but my experience with coding for an IFD is very limited.

Does anyone have any tip's / Guides to adapt the code?

Internally though this works BRILLIANTLY!

Thanks
Nov 11, 2008 at 8:16 PM
My client would love it if they could click subscribe to this fed and have it go right in their Outlook 2007 RSS Feeds folder.  Other than that, I only have one bug that has been a problem wich I have posted here:  http://www.codeplex.com/crmaccelerators/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=3222 and there seems to be a duplicate post here (sorry I didn't see this till after posting mine):  http://www.codeplex.com/crmaccelerators/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=3202 

Awesome job Ruben, very nice!

Cheers, Doug Fissell
Nov 12, 2008 at 3:50 AM
Love the Notifications Accelerator.  My Question(s):

Can you modify what you see in the RSS Feed?  I would like to create a view that can show all contacts that have been modified in the past "X" days, and then in the RRS feed itself, show the data element that has changed.  (I do have an Audit that we have developed that tracks the specific data elements, i.e., what teh data was before, what the data is now, who made the change, when the change was made, etc).  So, it would be great to display this information in the RSS feed.

Thanks in advance,
Craig Wright
Nov 12, 2008 at 1:15 PM
Hi, has someone answered your question? The reason im asking is that I also want to know if this is possbile or not.

With best regards,

Nasir Ahmed
Nov 12, 2008 at 3:14 PM
No not yet, I just posted it yesterday...

I also have another questions to post out there... I noticed that the "Recieved" date on the RSS feed seems to be the CRM Record's "Create Date".  Is there anyway of changing that date to be the CRM Record's "Modified Date"?

Thanks in advance,
Craig Wright
Nov 20, 2008 at 4:52 PM
Has anyone got any ideas on my two above posts?

Thanks!
Craig