KB Search not working

Dec 30, 2008 at 11:16 AM
KB search on the Eservice portal is not working. I have tried keywords, text etc. any suggestions?
Dec 30, 2008 at 11:51 AM
The KB article needs also to have a keyword with the value from the Notes Keyword (*WEB*)
This to hide internal articles from the public.
Jan 14, 2009 at 5:56 PM

I found a bug where if you have any KB's without any keyword, the search will fail.

I had to modify the file KBSearch.ascx.cs as follows (in bold) to first check that the article keyword is not null:

if (article.keywords != null)

if (article.keywords.Contains(webNotePrefix))

Oct 27, 2009 at 10:00 PM

I'm having issues getting the KB search working.  It doesn't seem to pull any articles.  I've tried Linna suggestion but that did not help... any other thoughts?

Oct 28, 2009 at 7:24 AM

Hi fischer8796,

KB search it is working but article must by published and contains a eService prefix by default it is *WEB* in title.

Dynamics CRM Blog http://bovoweb.blogspot.com

Oct 30, 2009 at 3:00 PM

Hi kgorczewski,

I'm not sure if you mean I have to search for "*WEB* <title of article>" or do I need to add *WEB* to the article name and then search it as "*WEB* <title of article>"?  I've tried both and neither seem to work.

Oct 30, 2009 at 4:42 PM

You need to put *WEB* as the first item on the Keyword line not the subject.

Matthew Panzano

Office: 813.287.8887 x 1155
Fax: 813.287.8688
Email: Matthew.Panzano@tribridge.com

4830 W. Kennedy Blvd.
Suite 890
Tampa, FL 33609
2008 WORLDWIDE Microsoft Dynamics Partner of the Year
The information contained in this message and its attachments is intended only for the recipient(s) named above. This information may be privileged and confidential in nature and protected by law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, any further review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this information is strictly prohibited. If you received this communication in error, please delete the message with its attachments and notify the sender immediately.

Sent: Friday, October 30, 2009 11:00 AM
To: Matthew Panzano
Subject: Re: KB Search not working [crmaccelerators:43174]

Hi kgorczewski,

I'm not sure if you mean I have to search for "*WEB* <title of article>" or do I need to add *WEB* to the article name and then search it as "*WEB* <title of article>"? I've tried both and neither seem to work.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (crmaccelerators@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email crmaccelerators@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Feb 25, 2010 at 6:23 PM

The "special" keyword (Case Web Note Prefix) is defined in eService Configuration and can be anything you want.  By default it is set to *WEB*.

Actually the Case Web Note Prefix can be anywhere in the keywords section of a Knowledge Base article, not necessarily the first.  Keep in mind it is case sensitive so *WEB* does not equal *web*.

if (article.keywords.Contains(Cache["msa.eService.CaseWebNotePrefix"].ToString()))