eService Console not loaded properly - possibly JS error

Jan 14, 2009 at 7:21 PM
Hi,
I've installed the eService and everything works fine except for the eServie Console. It looks as if it is partially complete first of all. The background is all white. On one client I had seen the proper page with a blue background but then after i cleared the client cache i could no longer load it.  It seems like the stylesheet is not attached. 

I've attached a screenshot but it is accessible via this link under issue tracker.  http://www.codeplex.com/crmaccelerators/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=3588

When I click edit, i get a Javascript error.

does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks,
Linna
Nov 18, 2009 at 3:46 PM

Hi I'm having this problem as well.  Has anyone been able to resolve this issue?  We are experiencing it in production, but it was not a problem in test.  It happens on the CRM Server.  I think the issue is that the Javascript crashes so the stylesheet doesn't load for display.  The Javascript error is  Object Expected Line 82 char 1.  I added a test page to the DLL  which is compiled in the DLL and uses the stylesheet.  It does not have a problem, so it must be one of the 2 js scripts.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks