Enterprise Search Accelerator (General)

Feb 1, 2009 at 8:11 PM
Did not see a topic on the Search Accelerator so started this one.

I think this accelerator is tremendous. There are hunderds of scenario's in which this can deployed. Every organisation is confronted with multiple systems and not every one has the availability to these programms (not everyone and everything is cloud ready :-)). So creating portal with Business Data Cataloque is superb.

On installing i had some difficulties (installing went fine, but the search did not show any results). When i looked at the video (afterwords offcourse) is noticed that in step 24 the documention mentioned this "Click Add a Web Part.  Expand all web parts and find the Search section.  Select the Search Box and Search Core Results web parts and click the Add button". Nothing happend though. The search statistics web part should be added too. Now it is working like a charm.

Regards,
Max Beuker
Qurius
Feb 6, 2009 at 12:08 PM
Hi Max:

I agree with your sentiments entirely. Have you expanded upon the base functionality at all (like searching other entities or document libraries)?  I've just started with that and was curious what others are doing?
Feb 18, 2009 at 8:43 AM
hi there,

one question on the enterprise search accelarator. do it also search content within the attachment and notes also?

thanks
jagmohan
Feb 18, 2009 at 8:43 AM
hi there,

one question on the enterprise search accelarator. do it also search content within the attachment and notes also?

thanks
jagmohan
Feb 19, 2009 at 11:35 AM
NO way. It looks like only in V5 it will be possible.
Feb 22, 2009 at 11:34 PM
Hi,

Did install a Dynamics Nav database and "let" it expand a metafile on customers there. Works fine.

Regards,
Max