eService Customer Portal - Anonymous Login

Feb 23, 2009 at 4:59 PM
I am implementing the customer portal where our client has an existing portal web site and simple wants to implement the Case and Knowledgebase functionality.  They already have their own user authentication in place on their current portal site and do not want to have to authenticate again using the eService required LoginControl Component.

Their current web site maintain a user GUID, which we will have as a custom field in CRM on the CRM contact entity. We can lookup the user GUID in CRM and get the contactid GUID from CRM.

We would like to bypass the whole user validation in eService and simply pass the CRM Contact Guid and use the user controls for casees and knowledgebases.  Is this possible?  I have already looked at modifying code where it is looking at LoginControl.User and LoginControl.Password and set these to a single eService user and replacing the Profile.ContactId with the guid I need but it seems to intermiitently replace the Guid with a zero  based guid and as a result fail.

Does anyone have a simple solution to this.

May 11, 2010 at 4:27 PM

obang, were you able to find a solution to this? I have a similar requirement. Thanks