eService - Add more attributes to the CaseGrid

Feb 26, 2009 at 5:13 PM
Good Day

Can someone tell me how i could add more case attributes to the casegrid? When I go to the eService Console i can add some new attributes onto the Case entity but not all the attributes that  exists on entity is available to select? Hope someone can help...
Mar 1, 2009 at 9:19 PM
Hi There

I have the same issue too - any help on this would be appreicated.

Many Thanks...
Mar 1, 2009 at 11:05 PM
Hi again

I have solved this problem.

It seems to be an issue with the console. You just need to add the extra fields into the eservice config manually by going into the eservice configuration then into eservice config v1 and then editing the XML

Hope this helps!

Thanks
Mar 3, 2009 at 4:16 PM

Thanks for that but when i do that i get the follwoing error when Creating and viewing cases:

Attributes of type State are unable to be displayed in the EntityEditor control.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NotImplementedException: Attributes of type State are unable to be displayed in the EntityEditor control.

Source Error:

Line 638:
Line 639:			default:
Line 640: throw new NotImplementedException(Line 641:					String.Format("Attributes of type {0} are unable to be displayed in the EntityEditor control.",
Line 642:						attributeData.AttributeType.Value.ToString()));

Source File: c:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM Customer Portal\Controls\EntityEditor.ascx.cs    Line: 640

Stack Trace:

[NotImplementedException: Attributes of type State are unable to be displayed in the EntityEditor control.]
   Controls_EntityEditor.GetPopulatedControl(AttributeData attributeData, String defaultValue) in c:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM Customer Portal\Controls\EntityEditor.ascx.cs:640
   Controls_EntityEditor.PopulateHtmlTable(List`1 attributeDataList) in c:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM Customer Portal\Controls\EntityEditor.ascx.cs:491
   Controls_EntityEditor.OnLoad(EventArgs e) in c:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM Customer Portal\Controls\EntityEditor.ascx.cs:156
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +47
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +131
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1436

Mar 20, 2009 at 4:52 AM
So, have you found a solution to this or are we just stuck with the fact that any entity with the attribute "State" just won't work? I have the exact same problem.