eService Account Privileges

Mar 11, 2009 at 2:52 AM
Hi All,

first of all - kudos to the devs. Very impressive work!!
Quick Q about the installation/configuration: What exactly is/does the "crmwebuser" account do (I can make an educated guess, but I'd rather ask ;-) ) ?. If I'm not mistaken, in the video the DomainAdmin account is copied and the crmwebuser account made sysadmin in CRM. Is it really necessary for the "crmwebuser" to have all those privileges?
What are the minimum account privileges necessary for this account?

Thx in advance!
Rgds - Marcus.
Mar 27, 2009 at 2:49 PM
Hi Marcus,

I don't see any replies yet to your question; have you been able to locate an answer to this one?  We are looking at the eService accelerator, and asking the same question....

Thanks!

Millie
Apr 1, 2009 at 9:55 PM
Hi Millie,

no, I have not received an answer yet.
There is a post in the Issue Tracker section about this issue, but that hasn't been answered yet either.
I'm almost done with my customizations and as soon as I'm done I guess I'll just try to figure it out by trial and error ....

Rgds - Marcus.
Coordinator
Apr 17, 2009 at 11:47 PM
Hi all,

Thanks for the kudos :-)

OK, the crmwebuser account is used by the web portal to call the CRM web services for CRUD operations in crm. In the demonstration video I show copying the administrator account to ensure that the web user has appropriate permissions to do all portal transactions, i.e. create, read, close cases; search kb, Read services; Schedule service activities and a number of others. You should NOT use an administrator account for this purpose in production.

The best practise is to set up a custom security role in CRM which provides only enough privileges for the portal to work with crm service records. Anything else is not required and is in fact a potential security issue.

We're looking at a video covering this topic in the next few months.

Hope this helps!
Reuben