Accelerators and Hosted CRM Instances

May 11, 2009 at 1:39 PM

We are a hosting company running multi-tenant IFD instances of CRM 4.0

I have read through each accelerator and noticed that they are only supported for on-premise.

Just wondering if anyone has experiences installing in a hosted environment?

When could there be likely hosted versions realeased?

May 11, 2009 at 7:42 PM

We are a hosting company, too.

I have successfully installed eService Accelerator for two customers in a hosting environment, it works fine.

Only the "eService Console" in the "Settings" is not working from outside the network.

I had no time to go in detail and it doesn't matter for us, because we do all modifications for our customers.

Maybe you get it work with some code modifiactions....

Jul 24, 2009 at 11:25 PM

Does anyone know if any of the accelerators below do work on a Hosted environment, most of them have a note saying that they are built  for On-Premise only:

Event Management
Extended Sales Forecasting
Analytics R2 Updated 22-Jun-2009
Enterprise Search R1
Business Productivity Newsfeed
Business Productivity Workflow Tools
Business Data Auditing

Oct 2, 2009 at 2:56 PM

Has anyone heard or seen anything on these Accelerators being released for use in a hosted CRM solution (multitenant as well as IFD)?

Oct 8, 2009 at 4:51 AM
Edited Oct 8, 2009 at 4:52 AM

Going by the above discussions does this mean that I can install eService Accelerator on a different server from other than the CRM Application or CRM Database Server.

Oct 22, 2009 at 11:10 PM
Edited Oct 22, 2009 at 11:11 PM

I don't see any specific reason why you couldn't install the eServices accelerator onto a separate web server. I'm assuming for simplicity reasons, they did it all on a single machine. This is obviously code intended for education, not production. The portal portion of the eService accelerator makes all the CRM related data calls via the CRM web services.

It's a pretty simplistic system, but confusing if you're not familiar with the CRM SDK or custom development. Think of it as 2 parts that work together: 

1. CRM customizations.
  2. An website to consume data cataloged by those customizations and exposed via the CRM web services.