eService & Event Management coexist? No 'Register' button.

May 15, 2009 at 9:27 PM

I've installed eService, and am now trying to install Event Management. (CRM 4)

I notice they each use the "Microsoft Dynamics CRM Customer Portal" directory, but the timestamps on the files in the 'Sample Portal' directories differ.

I've made a second directory, called "Microsoft Dynamics CRM Customer Portal", copied the Event Management portal files into that, and pointed my website at that directory. I then copied the 'eService' directory from the first directory I created for eService and pasted it into the new Portal directory I created for Event Management. Hopefully this will maintain eService functionality; I've yet to re-test eService.

I've discovered two issues so far, one trivial and one significant: (1) The 'Home' link at the top-right of the 'Events' page points to http://localhost:4444/EventManagement/Default.aspx. This is incorrect; the URL should not include " EventManagement/ ", and (2) there is no 'Register' button on the Events page.

Why do I not see a Register button ?

Thanks.

PS: If the devs are reading this - I really don't like my main install guide being a video. A written guide (doc/txt/pdf/whatever) would be much, much preferable.

May 15, 2009 at 9:30 PM
Edited May 15, 2009 at 9:31 PM

OK, I made a dumb mistake.

The campaign was set to Proposed. Once I set it to Launched, the Register Now button appeared.

Problem solved.

Now if I try to register, I see an HTTP 401 - Unauthorized error.

0x80040265
 The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized.
 Platform
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Exception:
 0x80040265
 The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized.
 Platform

Any ideas?