Analytics R2 - Wrong namespace in MS SQL 2005 RDLs

Jul 7, 2009 at 11:43 AM

Hi,

I just tried to install the SQL Server 2005 reports (*.rdl) files in MS CRM. In the CRM Trace i get the error message

Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportProcessingException: The report definition is not valid.  Details: The report definition has an invalid target namespace 'http://schemas.microsoft.com/sqlserver/reporting/2008/01/reportdefinition' which cannot be upgraded.

After checking the RDLs in the directory "Analytics_R2_RTW\Installation\1-Basic\SQL Server 2005" I noticed that all of them have the namespace "http://schemas.microsoft.com/sqlserver/reporting/2008/01/reportdefinition" which is the SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services namespace.

So the Analytics Accelerator is only usable with SQL Server 2008. :-(

Regards Sven

Jul 12, 2009 at 9:28 AM

Hi, i've got the same.

The worse thing is that I cannot upload reports of R2 into CRM - it gives crm error.

Same reports from previose R1 package uploads and works just fine.

Have you opened a call for "Codeplex"?

Jul 15, 2009 at 8:41 AM

No. I didn't. I even know where I can.

Jul 29, 2009 at 7:35 PM

I am having the same issue on CRM server that is using SQL Server 2005,  can we at least get hold of R1 download.

Thanks

Aug 24, 2009 at 6:34 PM

This has been broken for over 2 months. I'm not a SQL guy, so I don't know how to "work around" this issue. If someone has a good workaround, please let me know.

As for microsoft, if your going to advertise these (open source or not) then make damn sure they work before removing the old downloads.

Coordinator
Sep 2, 2009 at 11:39 PM

Hi all,

Sincere apologies for the delay - we're looking at the problem now - thanks for keeping us informed with the comments :-)

As soon as we have a fix in place I will post it on the site and notify you of availability.

Kind regards,

Reuben

Oct 28, 2009 at 2:19 PM

Hello Reuben,

Is there any update on this? Is there a way to download R1 release so we can at least see if this is a good product to use? Update appreciated.

Uzma

Coordinator
Nov 6, 2009 at 5:01 PM

Hi all,

I've posted an interim set of updated SQL 2005 dashboards.

Can you please review and post your comments?

Kind regards,

Reuben

Nov 10, 2009 at 5:37 PM

I downloaded and installed the Replacement SQL Server 2005 Dashboards, on a SQL 2005 CRM 4.0  deployment they seem to work fine.  

Thanks for the updated files.   Any work on when the SSIS and pipeline trend components that were documented to be in R2 will be added?

-Jon

Nov 12, 2009 at 12:48 PM

I also installed the Replacement SQL Server 2005 Dashboards, on a SQL 2005 CRM 4.0 ,  and now it works fine ¡ ¡

Thanks for the updated files. 

Javier