eService Accelerator, CRM, and ASP.NET Membership

Jul 8, 2009 at 12:59 PM

I am a "newbie" when it comes to membership, so my question deals with the eService accelerator/CRM and this membership.

I have successfully installed the accelerator, and have the membership database created.  Everything is working exactly as advertised.  My question is this:  is there any "approved" method for me to update my CRM database for membership instead of creating the default database?  Technically I've been able to do it, but since the aspnet_regsql.exe registration tool works at the database level, I don't have access to any of the database customizations from CRM.  And of course there's the whole "unapproved" aspect of doing anything at the database level. 

Ideally we would like to access/manage roles and members from CRM (or at least be able to view the data!).  I don't want to have to manage the contacts in CRM, but the Web logins/roles somewhere else.  Is this possible?

Many thanks,

Jul 14, 2009 at 8:32 PM

I found my answer (I think) - create custom membership and role providers.

Jul 21, 2009 at 10:44 AM

i used this... it worked really well

Dec 16, 2009 at 9:40 AM

Hello mburns,

can you tell me the solution for your problem pease?

Dec 16, 2009 at 9:43 PM

There are a lot of solutions on the market to manage membership database (you can find it in Visual Studio and 2.0 runtime).

My Dynamics CRM Blog: