Send initial email for eService to customer?

Aug 21, 2009 at 8:45 PM

I apologize if this is a obvious thing that I just overlooked but in looking over the end user instructions, the CRM User needs to initiate the email to the contact to invite them to the portal. Where do I generate this url?

Also, the document mentions that the invitation must be sent, but is there some way for a website to have a 'Register' link allowing the user to register themselves, or email themselves, somehow?

Thanks guys!

Aug 21, 2009 at 8:55 PM

Ok I think I figured it out. I set the contact to have some sort of eService access, and ran the workflow. Its not working, but I'll play with it and see why the workflow is failing.

Sep 5, 2009 at 4:10 AM

This is a common problem.

If you don't find it necessary to notify a user when removing/changing permission levels, you might want to modify the workflow to only send the accunt sign up email and only if msa_webuser == true.  Otherwise, you could create a second 3 or 4 step work flow that you can call on demand to send out the sign up email.

Or quickest, not recommend shortterm fix:  Delete the contact, create a new one, save the contact, then give it access to the portal.