Eservice SQL Server error

Sep 3, 2009 at 9:24 AM

Hello guys,

I have a problem with the create user wizard when i copy the link out of the email with the register link, i get the next error

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)

Source Error:

Line 44: _contactId = new Guid(plainText);
Line 45: CreateUserWizard1.CreatedUser += new EventHandler(CreateUserWizard1_CreatedUser);
Line 46: ProfileInfoCollection allProfiles = ProfileManager.GetAllProfiles(ProfileAuthenticationOption.Authenticated);
Line 47: foreach (ProfileInfo profileInfo in allProfiles)
Line 48: {

Can someone help me with this problem.

The settings of the sql server are:
Local and remote connections
Using both TCP/IP and named pipes

Sep 4, 2009 at 6:21 PM

Looks like you can not connect to the SQL database.  What type of SQL authentication are you using?  You may need to configure a username/password to connect to the database in your connection string or set the app pool in IIS to run under a user that has access.