I'm trying to get the Enterprise Search Accelerator for Microsoft Dynamics CRM to work in my architecture but so far I haven't been able to get any data displayed in a web part or to find any contact by using the search engine.
Here is basically my architecture:
- sqlserver - MS SQL Server 2008 SP1 (Win 2008 R2)
- crmserver - MS Dynamics CRM 4.0 w/ update rollup 6 (Win 2008 SP2)
- mossserver - MOSS 2007 SP2 (Win 2008 R2)
I imported the application definition XML file successfully. Below are the settings I used. For information my MOSS server is using Kerberos as Authentication Provider (hence the PassThrough).
<LobSystemInstance Name="Microsoft Dynamics CRM">
<Property Name="AuthenticationMode" Type="Microsoft.Office.Server.ApplicationRegistry.SystemSpecific.Db.DbAuthenticationMode">PassThrough</Property>
<Property Name="DatabaseAccessProvider" Type="Microsoft.Office.Server.ApplicationRegistry.SystemSpecific.Db.DbAccessProvider">SqlServer</Property>
<Property Name="RdbConnection Data Source" Type="System.String">sqlserver</Property>
<Property Name="RdbConnection Initial Catalog" Type="System.String">MyOrg_MSCRM</Property>
<Property Name="RdbConnection Integrated Security" Type="System.String">SSPI</Property>
<Property Name="RdbConnection Pooling" Type="System.String">false</Property>
I was then able to add a new content source. The CRM is almost empty, I only have a couple of test users and a few activities and contacts. The crawl seems to work as it was able to find 17 records.
I also created the new search scopes and added then to my site collection.
Since this seemed to be ok I was expecting two things:
- To be able to find a CRM contact (for instance) using the search engine with the new scope
- To get a list of my contacts or activities using the Business Data List Web Part
Unfortunately neither of these is working as expected:
I tried to search for contacts, users or activities using the new scope and didn't any results
- I added Data List Web Parts for Activities and Contacts, they both display a nice yet frustrating message "There are no items to show."
- I attempted to add a Business Data Item Web Part to display one contact however once I've selected the type (Contact) I cannot find any item (drop down list empty and no search results)
I'm connected with an account which has SharePoint farm Administrator and CRM System Administrator privileges. When I connect the CRM web site from the Sharepoint server I can see all the contacts and activities.
Since I don't get any errors, I'm not sure where I should look... I initally got an error in the web part which was due to Kerberos but I (think) I fixed it since it's gone. Any though?