I think I have now managed to resolve all the problems this appears to have.
1. To resolve the Date/Time issue I had to edit the MSA_Twitter Workflow Assembly in Visual Studio.
In the file mas_datapump.cs, in the function BuildDynEntity change the section for the case of CrmDateTimeProperty from
CrmNumberProperty crmNumberProperty = new CrmNumberProperty();
CrmNumber crmNumber = new CrmNumber();
crmNumber.Value = Convert.ToInt32(CRMAttrValue);
crmNumberProperty.Value = crmNumber;
crmNumberProperty.Name = CRMAttrName;
CrmDateTimeProperty crmDateTimeProperty = new CrmDateTimeProperty();
CrmDateTime crmDateTimeValue = new CrmDateTime();
DateTime tempDateTimeValue = DateTime.ParseExact(CRMAttrValue, "ddd MMM dd HH:mm:ss zzz yyyy", null);
crmDateTimeValue = CrmDateTime.FromUniversal(tempDateTimeValue.ToUniversalTime());
crmDateTimeProperty.Value = crmDateTimeValue;
crmDateTimeProperty.Name = CRMAttrName;
Then rebuilt the DLL and re-registered it with CRM.
I have not fully check that this code works correctly with different timezones so times may be out if you are not in GMT. I am happy to put the recompiled dll somewhere if it would help.
The second problem is to to with debugging. The assemblies debug to a direction of c:\debug\source_ as this does not exist the system will error if debugging is turned on, which it is. To turn this off unpublish and edit all the twitter workflows,
and anywhere the MSA Social Networking custom workflow assembly is called change the debug value from true to false. The republish the workflows.
Once I did all this it appears to be working. Or should I so I am not getting any errors, now just need to work out twitter!!!
Hope this is of some help