PRM Portal - cannot install it due to contoso.com

Nov 9, 2009 at 11:09 PM

Hi guys

I have a question, my installer bombs out (32bit now)

It createst the CRM Connection, then gets stuck on Importing Custom Entities with a SOAP error - server was unable to process request

at msa_prm_installer.Main.CreatePartnerRelationship(String entityFromType, String entityToType, String schemaName, String associatedMenuLabel, String lookupSchemaName, String lookupDisplayName, String lookupDescription) in C:\Users\administrator.CONTOSO\Desktop\PRM Installer\msa_prm_installer\Main.cs:line 211
   at msa_prm_installer.Main.btnInstall_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Users\administrator.CONTOSO\Desktop\PRM Installer\msa_prm_installer\Main.cs:line 130
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)

Now forgive me if I'm wrong, but surely the line

C:\Users\administrator.CONTOSO\Desktop\PRM Installer\msa_prm_installer\Main.cs:line 211

means that the PRM portal will only install if you have a domain called contoso and are logged on as the administrator ?

Has anyone got it to work outside of a contoso.com domain ?

Cheers

Si

Dec 15, 2009 at 10:24 AM

Hi,

I have the same problem on my own domain. I tried install on VPC and everything was OK, but on my own production environment was this error!!!! Pleas help!!!

Jan 27, 2010 at 2:38 AM

Hi there,

I was experiencing the same problem.  After a little digging around, what I ended up doing was editing (in Notepad) the file called:  msa_prm_installer.pdb
Opening this file, I found references to the directory strucutre C:\Users\administrator.CONTOSO\Desktop\PRM Installer\msa_prm_installer\ in this file.

I replaced the references with My directory structure pointing now to the location of the same filenames, but within the "Source Code" folder - so something along the following lines:  
...\Source Code\PRM Installer\msa_prm_installer\
&
...\Source Code\PRM Installer\msa_prm_installer\Properties\

I have no idea if this is actually an acceptable alteration to the mds_prm_installer.pdb file or not, but it seems to get past the problem of the installer appearing to look for files in non-existent locations (non-existent on My server at least).

Unfortunately, because of having attempted to install it once already, the subsequent attempt at installation fails with:

************** Exception Text **************
System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request.
   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
   at Microsoft.Crm.SdkTypeProxy.Metadata.MetadataService.Execute(MetadataServiceRequest Request)
   at msa_prm_installer.Main.CreatePartnerRelationship(String entityFromType, String entityToType, String schemaName, String associatedMenuLabel, String lookupSchemaName, String lookupDisplayName, String lookupDescription)
   at msa_prm_installer.Main.btnInstall_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Exception Text **************
System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request.
   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
   at Microsoft.Crm.SdkTypeProxy.Metadata.MetadataService.Execute(MetadataServiceRequest Request)
   at msa_prm_installer.Main.CreatePartnerRelationship(String entityFromType, String entityToType, String schemaName, String associatedMenuLabel, String lookupSchemaName, String lookupDisplayName, String lookupDescription)
   at msa_prm_installer.Main.btnInstall_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I don't understand what the problem has now become.

Any thoughts/ideas/suggestions would be really appreciated.

As an alternative to understanding the error - is there a way to "uninstall" the PRM accelerator and start over again (without affecting any other accelerator currently already installed successfully)?
If there is, would it be possible to ask for the process to be outlined so I can follow it through or if documentation exists, if you could point Me in the right direction to find the documentation to do this please.  I have not been able to find any uninstall documentation.

Cheers & Regards,
Bill.

Jan 27, 2010 at 4:14 AM

Greetings to all,

I think I found the solution (or at least a solution - which appears to have worked for My situation at least):

http://crmaccelerators.codeplex.com/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=6380

The snippet from this posting that has saved Me is as follows:

kasis_kaspars wrote Dec 17 2009 at 8:26 PM<abbr></abbr>

I found solution !!!

In my CRM environment some of PRM accelerator was installed, and that was the problem, in the error you can see C:\Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0\Accelerators\Partner Relationship\R1\PRM_RTW_R1.0\Source Code\PRM Installer\msa_prm_installer\Main.cs:line 130
When i opened Main.cs: line 130, ther is a step:

//STEP 3: Create the partner relationships to opportunities (Account to Opportunity)

to resolve problem:
1) open your crm and go to settings->customizations->customize entities
2) open opportunity entity, open Forms and Views -> Form
3) remove from form "Partner" and "Partner Contact" fields and publish form
4) open N:1 relationships and delete relationships: "msa_contact_opportunity" and "msa_partner_opportunity"
5) publish customizations
6) try again install PRM accelerator

By deleting these pre-existing customisations as per the process above, I was able to run the installation again and this time everything ran through successfully.

Hope this helps...

Cheers & Regards,
Bill