Here are the edits i made to the XML file that came with the search accelerator.
<Property Name="RdbConnection Data Source" Type="System.String">lwgsql</Property>
<Property Name="RdbConnection Initial Catalog" Type="System.String">LWG_MSCRM</Property>
<Property Name="RdbConnection Integrated Security" Type="System.String">SSPI</Property>
<Property Name="RdbConnection Pooling" Type="System.String">false</Property>
- Upload the XML file under the Shared service administration menu. The application imported successfully and I can see the entities in my CRM database.
- Under Business Data Catalog on the Shared Services page I clicked Business Data Catalog Permissions. I made sure that the content source account had full rights to the Business Application.
- Under Search on the Shared Services Page i clicked search settings. I selected Default Content access account - and set it to an account I know has full rights to the CRM database, this same account i gave full access to in the step above (Settings
the Business Data Catalog Permissions)
- Then I created the Content Sources to point to My CRM application. I started A full crawl and here are my results.
- I got to the point where I can search the CRM records on the SharePoint server but not from the desktop client. I saw a few articles suggesting to use "RevertToSelf" as the security setting however when I try this it only attempts to crawl
17 records instead of the 400k + records it crawls when I leave the permission as pass through. It mentioned that RevertTOself uses the application pool account how do I find out what that is to ensure the application pool account has access to the database.
Also, do you recommend using SSO to fix the authentication issues?