PIA installed, works, but no login. missing membership folder.

Nov 12, 2009 at 5:00 PM

Hi there,

I installed the PIA and everything is working but there is no login, just a register which creates a lead record.
Step 1 ASP.NET Membership(OPTIONAL) only contains a filed named "Step 1 - Configure ASP.NET Membership.bat" and the content is only this:
@echo off
cd c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v2.0.50727
aspnet_regsql.exe

After loading up the portal, all i have is Register. No link to login. When i look at the web folders, there no membership folder, or any folder and files that indicates a case editor/viewer or kb editor/viewer as in the previous accelerator.

I'm certain it is missing something in the installer. Did anyone else encounter this?

Thanks,
Linna

Nov 23, 2009 at 8:28 PM

I ran into this myself.  It seems that the Membership folder, along with the membership controls, are provided in the PRM accelerator, which installs on top of an existing PIA installation.

- Eric

Dec 5, 2009 at 12:29 AM

Hi Eric,

I went ahead and installed PRM accelerator.  I now have the Membership folder and login to see the Partner section but the login as a customer is still missing.

In eService i had links to knowledge base articles and incidents.  This is not there in PIA with PRM?  Am i supposed to build it myself do you know.

Thanks,

Linna

Jan 7, 2010 at 8:53 PM

there is a new eService build based on the portal base that is supposed to be coming.  if you've a bit of free time you could always try and port the controls from eservice to PIA though...  (hmm PIA, apt acronym for this task?)

Jan 7, 2010 at 8:59 PM

Yes,  I've ported all the controls over myself and have extended it for my own entities. That was fun ;)