eService Portal: The new password will not be sent by e-mail?! (Forgot password/password recovery)

Dec 16, 2009 at 10:11 AM

Hello I have a problem with the password recovery function on the eService Portal.
If I try to get a new password for the portal, after entering the "Sequrity Answer" the old password will be changed but not send to the stored e-mail address.
How can I get the new password?

Can someone help me please?!

Jan 7, 2010 at 8:51 PM

edit your web.config and ensure you have mail server settings located in there:

<system.net>
    <!--These mail settings are used if the send kb setting is set to SMTP-->
    <mailSettings>
      <smtp from=eservice@company.com deliveryMethod="Network">
        <network host="mailserver.company.com" port="25" />
      </smtp>
    </mailSettings>
  </system.net>

Mar 12, 2011 at 9:05 AM

Hi all after editing this webconfig with the correct smtp details,i still get an error.....Im thinking that its because there is a proxy server present in the network.Id also like to know where we configure the username and password for the SMTP server .Thanks for your last respose nregs

Mar 13, 2011 at 10:07 PM

Please keep in mind that the old eService accelerator was replaced last May with the Customer Portal accelerator, which has also been upgraded to CRM 2011 and available in the marketplace.  The old eService accelerator and Events accelerator are not going to be upgraded to CRM 2011 and should be considered as legacy.  SMTP settings for the customer portal are managed in CRM using site settings.  The customer service portal for CRM 4 can be found at http://customerportal.codeplex.com.

Shan McArthur