EServices installation errors

Dec 29, 2009 at 6:39 PM

I am attempting to load the EServices accelerator onto CRM 4.0 and I was following the video.  However at one point the video is different than the actual install and that is where I am erroring out.  The video shows to check the regjster.xml file to make sure the settings are correct.  They were not in the modern version of the file so I added them.  The next step shows clcik on the msa_eServices.Install.exe and a DOS screen pops up on the video and prompts for a password.  However when I click on that file I get a Windows GUI interface with a button Install eServices Customizations.  I fill out the information and click on the button and I get various errors http 401 failure to authorize.  --- I am new to the CRM backend and Accelerators this will be my first if I can get it to work.

I am running SBS 2008 server if that makes a difference to the processes

This is the error log file

Log File Created: 12/29/2009 1:21:15 PM
12/29/2009 1:21:15 PM Installation Started
12/29/2009 1:21:15 PM Reading Install Configuration Information from XML (register.xml)
12/29/2009 1:21:15 PM Creating CRM Connection...
12/29/2009 1:21:19 PM Importing Custom Workflow Assemblies...
12/29/2009 1:21:45 PM ...Error DeleteDuplicateAssemblies: Message: The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized.. Stack Trace:    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
   at Microsoft.Crm.SdkTypeProxy.CrmService.Execute(Request Request)
   at msa_eservice_installer.Main.DeleteDuplicateAssemblies(String assemblyName, CrmService _crmService, Log log) in C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\msa_eservice_installer\msa_eservice_installer\Main.cs:line 764.
12/29/2009 1:22:06 PM ...Error while importing workflow assemblies: RegisterXml Path C:\Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0\Accelerators\eService\V1.1\ESERVICE_RTW_R1.1\Installation\Step 2 - CRM Customizations\register.xml. Message: The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized.. Stack Trace:    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
   at msa_eservice_installer.Main.ImportWorkflowAssemblies(String registerXmlPath, CrmService _crmService, Log log) in C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\msa_eservice_installer\msa_eservice_installer\Main.cs:line 705.
12/29/2009 1:22:06 PM Imported the Custom Workflow Assemblies
12/29/2009 1:22:06 PM Importing CRM Attributes and Form Updates
12/29/2009 1:22:08 PM ...Error importing form for entity: contact. Message: The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized.. Stack Trace:    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
   at msa_eservice_installer.Main.ImportNativeFormsAndAttributes(String _customizationsFile, CrmService _crmService, Log log, String[] entities) in C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\msa_eservice_installer\msa_eservice_installer\Main.cs:line 341.
12/29/2009 1:22:08 PM Imported contact and incident customizations
12/29/2009 1:22:09 PM ...Error importing form for entity: incident. Message: The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized.. Stack Trace:    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
   at msa_eservice_installer.Main.ImportNativeFormsAndAttributes(String _customizationsFile, CrmService _crmService, Log log, String[] entities) in C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\msa_eservice_installer\msa_eservice_installer\Main.cs:line 341.
12/29/2009 1:22:09 PM Imported contact and incident customizations
12/29/2009 1:22:09 PM Importing custom entities...
12/29/2009 1:22:10 PM ...Error importing custom entities. Message: The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized.. Stack Trace:    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
   at msa_eservice_installer.Main.ImportCustomEntities(String _customizationsFile, CrmService _crmService, Log log, String[] entities) in C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\msa_eservice_installer\msa_eservice_installer\Main.cs:line 287.
12/29/2009 1:22:10 PM Imported the Custom Entities
12/29/2009 1:22:10 PM Importing workflows...
...Error importing workflows. Message: The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized.. Stack Trace:    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
   at msa_eservice_installer.Main.ImportWorkflows(String _customizationsFile, CrmService _crmService, Log log) in C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\msa_eservice_installer\msa_eservice_installer\Main.cs:line 237.
12/29/2009 1:22:10 PM Imported Workflows
12/29/2009 1:22:10 PM Importing SiteMap...
...Error importing sitemap. Message: The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized.. Stack Trace:    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
   at msa_eservice_installer.Main.ImportSiteMap(CrmService _crmService, Uri _crmServiceUri, Log log) in C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\msa_eservice_installer\msa_eservice_installer\Main.cs:line 152.
12/29/2009 1:22:12 PM Imported Sitemap
12/29/2009 1:22:12 PM Publishing customizations...
12/29/2009 1:22:13 PM errPublish
12/29/2009 1:22:13 PM Published the Customizations
12/29/2009 1:22:14 PM Installation Complete!

Dec 29, 2009 at 9:16 PM

Hi Kendall,

You need to put username/password of the user which have Deployment Administrator rights. Go to the Start->MS Dynamics CRM->Deployment Manager->Deployment Administrators

Let me know if it help.

-------------------------------------------

My Dynamics CRM blog: http://bovoweb.blogspot.com

Dec 31, 2009 at 2:51 PM

Thank You it turned out I had both a bad username and the wrong CRM org name after fixing that it moved on.

Kendall Thomas, CNA MCP

Happy Computer, Inc

214-369-4774

Happylh5inches Microsoft Logo dell_REGISTEREDpartner_fina

Connect with us:

facebookgroup

small twit