Social networking error adding status for Twitter

Jan 18, 2010 at 5:47 PM

I have successfully installed the social networking accelerator and created a user for Twitter. I am receiving postings ok, but when I try to create a status update from within CRM, I recieve a generic CRM error ("An error has occurred") and when I look in the event log, I see the following error:

Exception information:

Exception type: FormatException

Exception message: Guid should contain 32 digits with 4 dashes (xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx).

I did not receive any error while installing and as far as I can tell everything else seems to be working ok. Anyone have any ideas?

Jan 22, 2010 at 1:44 AM

I just installed the accelerator as well and have the same issue.  I am attempting to run the accelerator under the administrator created when installing CRM.  The other thing I noticed is that the Social Network User I created does not seem to "know" that I retrieved its statuses.

Jan 28, 2010 at 6:34 PM

This other thread disucssing a missing atrribute on one of the custom entities.  By following his fix, I was able to resolve the issue with the format of the guid exception.

http://crmaccelerators.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=81225

Feb 6, 2010 at 9:11 PM

Great post, now have my SN Accelerator working, just one question does anyone else have any issues creating a Social Network contact. I have tried to create one and there are no workflows tiggered!

Feb 12, 2010 at 5:59 PM

As far as I can tell, Social Networking Contacts are the twitter user names of people who sent you a message.  You would create Social Network Users.